Here are the top 6 things you should expect on your 65-75 minute Narrated Historical Cruise:
- Beauty and History – Come and join us on the Patriot where you will experience the beauty of the Eastern Shore and the Miles River. On your trip you will see wonderful 200 year old Historic mansions and amazing wildlife. You will see two locations used in filming the movie “The Wedding Crashers”. Expect to have fun. Seeing these majestic homes and amazing wildlife is an experience of a lifetime.
- Be early for your departure. Our ticket booth opens 1 hour prior to the first cruise of the day. We will start boarding 15 minutes prior to departure and we board by boarding pass numbers. Buy your tickets online to get the lowest boarding numbers. After online sales, boarding passes are given out in order as tickets are bought on the day of the cruise. All passengers need to be onboard 5 minutes prior to departure.
- Be sure to listen to our well-informed Captain and Crew as they provide a detailed history of St. Michaels, the Eastern Shore and the Chesapeake Bay watershed. We will talk about the Battle of 1812, the history of the amazing mansions on the Miles River and the great history of the people who lived in our area over the past 300 years.
- Relax and enjoy your tour. Our trained captains and crew are experienced and will provide an exceptional tour on board our safe and state-of-the-art vessel.
- Make sure to stop by the Pilot House and let the Captain show you how we operate The Patriot. Who knows, you might even get behind the wheel. If you brought little ones on the cruise, The Captain will invite them to the Pilot House so we can make the a “Patriot Captain for the Day”!
- If you are thirsty or hungry, we offer a full bar plus some snacks to include hot dogs, chips, crackers, nuts, candy and Italian Ice. Very reasonable prices.
Parking is Free in the Parking lot of the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum.